Stay Active and Beat the Heat This Summer
The best part of summers is the longer gap between dawn and dusk and more time and opportunity for outdoor fun and frolic. Going to beaches, playing games, joining sports academies, and participating in local awareness campaigns is synonymous with May and June.
No doubt all this keeps us positively occupied and adds to the spirit of adventure, all of us associate with, but, it certainly drains all our energy and dehydrates our bodies. This intervenes in the exciting activities we indulge into and who would like it! We must understand that what makes us tired is not the lack of spirit but the heat from the sun. The fear of landing up in this situation is what actually adds to the emptiness during the days hence making the best time of the year rather gloomy.
But active minds do not know the act of being indoors when they have plenty of time to feel free and enjoy outdoors on vacations. So PepsiCo has launched a Revive for the free spirits who do not like sun to stop them from anything.
7Up Revive hydrates your body when it loses the fluids and electrolytes as this refreshing drink is full of vitamins B3, B6 and B12. These are essential for our bodies to feel energized and rebuild the stamina. This can help you avoid facing the adverse effects of summers like heat stroke, dehydration and fatigue.
Often, out of our love for outdoors, we tend to spend too much time in the sun after which our body rebels and often fails to sustain in the hot environment. This may even lead to diarrhea, vomiting and fever. This leads to low immunity and spoils the excitement and enjoyment especially in case of children. This is why it is always advised to keep drinking fluids while in the sun and not let it get exhausted with physical activity.
Now that we know that dehydration occurs when we are overexposed to the sun and do not take in sufficient amount of fluids, we must also know the symptoms of dehydration:
- Less-frequent urination
- Dry skin
- Increased heart rate and breathing
- Dry mouth and mucous membranes
In younger children, some additional symptoms may include:
- No wet diapers for more than three hours
- Dry mouth and tongue
- Sunken abdomen, eyes, or cheeks
- No tears when crying
- High fever
- Skin that does not flatten when pinched and released
All of certainly want to prevent such extreme situation and continue with the light hearted fun and an active lifestyle all the time.
- Drink plenty of fluids, especially when you are working or playing in the sun.
- Try to take more fluid than you are losing through sweating, urination, stool, tears and breathing.
- Try to plan physical outdoor activities for the time when the day is cooler.
- Drink appropriate sports drinks to help maintain electrolyte balance.
- Rather than making the water and salt solution at home, buy an instant enriched sports drink like the 7Up Revive to help your body sustain through the heat of the day.