Darjeeling is famous for its beautiful and attractive scenic views. The large mountains and greenery make this place the most exotic tourist destination. Though Darjeeling is a small town in West Bengal but still it can amaze you by its great sights and serene beauty. Himalayan mountain range ascending from Darjeeling attracts the people from the world towards it. Moreover, it has many hilly places to visit as well as museum, temples and parks.
Favorite tourist places in Darjeeling
If you are planning to visit Darjeeling to spend your short vacations, you can get your trip planned with the help of online travel planners. With them, you can also avail the flight coupons for makemytrip and save on your trip. You can target these famous places of Darjeeling during your visit.
- Himalayan Mountaineering Institute – It is the pilgrimage for all the climbing enthusiasts in the world. It has a museum with displays of mountaineering and expedition. It is the school of mountaineers. All those who love mountaineering must visit this place.
- Darjeeling zoo– The zoo is situated near HMI. Some rare animals like red pandas, Tibetan wolves, Snow Leopards, etc. are the specialty of the Darjeeling zoo. The Himalayan animals make this place unique.
- Tiger Hill – Tiger Hill is well known for its dazzling sunrise view. It is located at the highest point in Darjeeling. You can see the Mount Everest from here when the weather is clear.
- Ropeway – Darjeeling Ropeway offers you the best view of nature. You can see the forests, tea gardens, mountains and streams just by sitting in a passenger cable car. You can get all these together just at one place and that is Darjeeling Ropeway. After taking the ride, you can have a tea and relax nearby.
- Japanese Temple– It is the symbol of peace in Darjeeling. Japanese Temple has a unique statue of Lord Buddha. By joining the prayer, you can feel spiritual peace among yourself. This temple is built in Japanese style.
- Bengal Natural History Museum– Here you can see the specimen of real creatures that are eventually preserved. You can see a large collection of fishes, mammals, birds and insects at this place.
- Parks and Gardens in Darjeeling– There are so many parks and gardens in Darjeeling which are worth seeing. Rock garden and Ganga Maya parks are the most famous. Parks with greenery all around and water lakes refresh the mind and provide a harmonious mood. Children as well as old aged people like to visit these parks frequently.
Enjoy the nightlife and shopping at Darjeeling
Darjeeling has some pubs and clubs where tourists usually gather in the evening time. You can have great fun and entertainment at these places. From the point of view of shoppers, Darjeeling is a paradise. You can buy a variety of things whether it is jewelry, clothes or handmade stuff. You can visit different restaurants in Darjeeling and enjoy the Thai as well as Tibetan cuisine. You can eat the delightful Nepali and Indian dishes also. As far as accommodation is concerned, you can get a stay within your budget.