UPSC recently declared the CEC final result of 2020. Devayani UPSC Topper 2020 from Haryana secured AIR 11th and fulfilled her dream of becoming an IAS. Devayani got success in her fourth attempt. Last year in her third attempt she got 222nd Rank. Devyani was a brilliant student since childhood and it was her dream to be a civil servant. She has completed engineering in computer science. After completing engineering, she got a job in Infosys as a software engineer.
Devayani shares preparation strategy and her journey about how she prepared for the examination.
Biography of Devayani
UPSC examination is the toughest exam and the dream of many students. Only a few people got the chance to fulfill their dream. Devayani from Haryana faced failures three times. She left her job at Infosys preparing for civil services. It was her hard work that got 222nd Rank. She was selected for the Central Audit Department and was getting training for it. She didn’t leave the preparation and tried again. This time Devayani topped the exam and got 11th Rank.
She has completed her graduation in Electronics and Instrumentation from Goa Campus of BIITS Pilani. Her father, Mr. Vinay Singh is an IAS Officer and posted as Divisional Commissioner, Hisar. He has always been an inspiration for her. Devayani is dedicated to her studies which is why she was not satisfied after getting the 222nd Rank. Devyani got less time for study at a time of training for the post of Central Audit Department.
Devyani studies on weekends only. There was no pressure on her as she was selected already. It was her dedication that she again appeared in the UPSC exam and got 11th RANK. She chose Public Administration as her optional subject.
Devayani’s UPSC Marksheet
Devayani’s UPSC mark sheet is given below:-
|UPSC Mains (Written)Exam Marks
|Personality Test marks
IAS Preparation Strategy of Devayani
Devayani shares her preparation plan about how she succeeded in the UPSC exam. According to Devayani, it’s not necessary to study all day. Don’t completely follow anyone. Understand your capacity of learning and then decide how much you can study. Devayani further said,i only studied on weekends when I was a trainee for the audit department. Always study seriously and dedicatedly.
- Understand every topic of the syllabus. It’s important to know the syllabus and pattern of the exam.
- Always keep previous year question papers and try to solve them daily. Daily answer writing practice is very important to clear the UPSC exam.
- Always keep your eyes on what is going on in today’s world. It will help you with the preparation of current affairs. Add examples on every topic of current affairs.
- Practice for answer writing regularly. Make a note for it. You can add diagrams and facts to better understand the topic.
- The UPSC process is a long process. It can be hectic sometimes. Stay positive and focus on your aim. It will boost your confidence.
- Self study is always good. You can attend mock interviews and practice sessions online.
Devayani advised all the aspirants, be positive and always remember one thing, hard work is the key to success. So, believe in yourself. You will definitely succeed.
- Jagrati Awasthi AIR 2 UPSC Topper 2020 Success Story
- Ankita Jain AIR 3 UPSC Topper 2020 Success Story
- Shubham Kumar UPSC topper 2020
- UPSC Topper 2019 Rank 10 Sanjita Mohapatra Success Story
- UPSC Topper 2019 Rank 9 Ravi Jain – Success Story
- Yash Jaluka AIR 4 UPSC Topper(2020)
1. Which AIR secured Devayani in the UPSC exam?
Answer: Devayani secured 11th AIR in UPSC 2020 exam.
2. In which attempt she cleared the UPSC exam?
Answer: It was her fourth attempt in which she cleared the UPSC exam.
3. Did Devayani clear UPSC before this attempt?
Answer: Before this attempt, she got 222nd AIR in her third attempt.
4. What subject Devayani opted for as an optional subject?
Answer: Devayani opted for Public administration as an optional subject.
5. Did Devayani opt for UPSC coaching for preparation?
Answer: No, Devayani opted for self-study over a coaching institute.