Karishma Nair from Kerala cracked the UPSC exam and secured AIR 14. It was her second attempt and she got AIR 14. In her first attempt, she couldn’t clear the interview. She didn’t lose hope and continued the preparation. Her dedication and hard work didn’t go in vain and she makes her parents proud. According to Karishma Nair, a positive attitude towards your studies is very important because UPSC is a long process. You can’t imagine success in her first attempt.UPSC journey and her preparation strategy about how she managed to top the exam.
Biography of Karishma Nair UPSC Topper
Karishma Nair originally belongs to the Palakkad district of Kerala but she is living in Mumbai for more than 20 years. She has completed her schooling in Mumbai. She has done B.Sc. in Forensic Science. After completing graduation she started preparation for UPSC from Delhi. It was her aim to be a civil servant and serve the nation. She chose Public Administration as her optional subject and in both attempts, she chose Public Administration as her optional subject.
After she failed in the first attempt she started researching her own mistakes and started working on it. After observing her mistakes and weak points, she made a proper strategy and worked accordingly. Karishma Nair advises all the aspirants who want to clear the UPSC exam to always believe in hard work. Never afraid of failures. Support of family and positive attitude is equally important. She also participated in a policy internship program with Parliamentarians in 2019.
Karishma Nair’s IAS Marksheet
Karishma Nair’s UPSC mark sheet is given below:-
|UPSC Mains (Written)Exam Marks||834|
|Personality Test marks||187|
IAS Preparation Strategy of Karishma Nair
Karishma Nair says, never believes in anyone. Have faith in your preparation. It’s not possible to prepare exactly like any topper. Well, managed strategy and preparation plan are equally important to crack UPSC. Never focus on shortcuts. UPSC does not rely on shortcuts. Make a timetable and study accordingly. Karishma Nair IAS shares her strategy and advises how you should start preparing for the UPSC exam.
- Studying from NCERT books helps a lot. Comprehensive study from NCERT books gives you proper knowledge.
- For current affairs preparation, make a habit of reading the newspaper daily. It keeps you updated about national and international news.
- UPSC exam is the toughest exam. It needs clarity about the syllabus and exam pattern. Once you understand the syllabus, it will be easy for you to prepare.
- Mock tests improve performance. Before 2 months of exams don’t go for too many mock tests. It can lose your confidence if you don’t secure good marks.
- Make a notebook of your daily preparation. Write important topics in a separate notebook.
- Revision is an important part of your preparation. You should revise your daily preparation. It will clear all the topics which you have prepared.
- You can study as much as you can. During study don’t forget to take breaks otherwise it will be tough to remember more topics. Listen to your favorite music during break and you can do whatever you want to do for relaxing your body and mind.
UPSC examination is a reputed exam and it’s a dream of many aspirants to crack it. Every year thousands of aspirants appear in examinations but only a few secure good marks. Karishma Nair IAS journey of UPSC is inspirational. Hard work is the key to success. Karishma Nair proves it right.
For more preparation tips for UPSC visit the Pulse Phase website. It will clear all your doubts and help in preparation.
- Mithun Premraj AIR 12 UPSC Topper 2020 Success Story
- Shubham Kumar UPSC topper 2020
- Jagrati Awasthi AIR 2 UPSC Topper 2020 Success Story
- Ankita Jain AIR 3 UPSC Topper 2020 Success Story
- Gaurav Budania AIR 13 UPSC Topper 2020 Success Story
1. Karishma Nair belongs to which Indian State?
Answer- Karishma Nair belongs to Kerala State.
2. Which rank did Karishma Nair secure in the UPSC 2020 exam?
Answer- Karishma Nair secured 14th rank in the UPSC 2020 exam.
3. What optional subject Karishma Nair opted for UPSC 2020?
Answer- Karishma Nair opted for Public Administration as an optional subject.
4. Which degree Karishma Nair secured in graduation?
Answer- Karishma Nair secured a B.Sc. degree in graduation.
5. How many marks did Karishma Nair secured in the UPSC exam?
Answer- Karishma Nair secured 1021 marks in the UPSC exam.