Mithun Premraj has topped the UPSC exam 2020 and secured AIR 12. He is a doctor by profession and belongs to Vadakara. It was his fifth attempt at the UPSC CSE examination. His continuous efforts for the civil services gave him success in his fifth attempt. He completed his MBBS in 2014. Mithun Premraj IAS always wanted to be an IAS officer. So, he continues his preparation along with MBBS. That is why after 4 failed attempts, he did not lose hope and again appeared in the UPSC exam for the 5th time.
Finally, he cracked the exam and got success. Mithun Premraj shares his preparation strategy and advises the aspirants on how they should prepare for the examination.
Biography of Mithun Premraj
Mithun Premraj is from Vadakara which is situated in Kozhikode district of Kerala. Dr. Mithun Premraj did MBBS from JIPMER, Pondicherry in 2014. After completing MBBS he started his preparation for civil services. His father Dr. Premraj is a prominent pediatrician and his sister Dr. Ashwathi is a senior resident doctor at the Kunhitharuvai Memorial Charitable Trust Group of Institution Medical college. Dr. Mithun is 30 years old and he was working in the COVID care center before the civil services examination.
He chose Geography as an optional subject. After completing his medicine, he acquired a diploma in Public health from New Delhi. He has been a hard-working student since the beginning. He has a dream of becoming an IAS that is why he continued his preparation for civil services. After all the hard work of 5 years, finally he got success and topped the exam with AIR 12.
Mithun Premraj’s UPSC Marksheet
Mithun Premraj’sUPSC mark sheet is given below:-
|UPSC Mains (Written)Exam Marks||845|
|Personality Test marks||179|
IAS Preparation Strategy of Mithun Premraj
Mithun Premraj shares his preparation strategy and time management plan for the students. He says don’t follow any topper’s strategy blindly because they don’t have any written strategy. So, make your own strategy based on your capabilities. You have to work hard and manage your time well. Be aware of your strengths and weaknesses. Don’t be afraid of your failed attempt, try to learn from it.
- Mithun chose Geography as his optional subject because he has interest in nature. It helped him in preparation.
- Always focus to make your foundation strong. Once you work on your basics it will give you confidence to do more.
- Understand the syllabus and exam pattern first. Then manage your time and start preparation.
- Make notes of your preparation. Start with the easy topics first then go on harder topics. Revise your daily preparation.
- Understand the importance of answer writing. You can score well by writing good answers in exams. Regular practice is important for this. Mithun cleared mains three times but he didn’t score well. Then he understood, answer writing is an important part where you can score well.
- Don’t study for too long. Take a small break during preparation.
- For current affairs practice, start reading newspapers and study NCERT books.
- Be confident about your studies. Don’t get nervous in exams.
Mithun Premraj is dedicated and hard-working, he cracked the IAS exam even after 4 failed attempts. He advised all the UPSC aspirants, always keep an eye on the current affairs and exam process. Stay positive and focused on your study, you will definitely achieve your goal.
- Shubham Kumar UPSC topper 2020
- Jagrati Awasthi AIR 2 UPSC Topper 2020 Success Story
- Ankita Jain AIR 3 UPSC Topper 2020 Success Story
1. In which attempt Mithun Premraj cleared UPSC exam 2020?
Answer- In the 5th attempt, Mithun Premraj cleared the UPSC exam 2020.
2. Which rank did he secure in the UPSC exam?
Answer- He secured 12th rank in UPSC 2020.
3. From which Indian state Mithun Premraj belongs?
Answer- Mithun Premraj belongs to Kerala State.
4. What is the education of Mithun Premraj?
Answer- Mithun Premraj did M.B.B.S. in graduation.
5. What subject did Mithun Premraj opt for the UPSC exam?
Answer- Mithun Premraj opted for Geography as an optional subject in the UPSC exam.