Praveen Kumar has cleared the toughest UPSC exam and secured RANK 7.
Praveen Kumar belongs to Bihar. He got success in the UPSC exam on his second attempt. The whole country including Bihar is proud of him. Hard work never goes in vain, Praveen Kumar has proven this. With his dedication and hard work, he secured a position in the top 10. He gives all the credit for his success to his entire family. He said, without their support, it can’t be possible.
Praveen Kumar shares his UPSC preparation journey and strategy of how he prepared for the examination.
Biography of Praveen Kumar
Praveen Kumar is from Jamui, Bihar. He did his schooling at Ramakrishna Vidyamandir. He has completed his B.tech in Civil Engineering from the Indian Institute of Technology Kanpur. He cleared the GATE exam and secured AIR 5 in 2018. In the same year, he got RANK 3 in Indian Engineering Services. Before appearing in civil services, he was working in Indian Railway Services. His aim was to become an IAS so, he continued his preparation for UPSC and with his hard work, he topped the exam and got RANK 7 in the UPSC exam.
Praveen Kumar’s father Mr. Sitaram Varnwal is a drug shopkeeper and his mother Mrs.Veena is a housewife. He gives the credit of his success to his family. Their unconditional support and positive atmosphere help him a lot in preparation. After completing his B.tech From IIT Kanpur, he started his preparation from Delhi. Praveen Kumar always wants to work for society and the senior citizens that is why he chose IAS. he wants to work for the development of the country. He is deeply inspired by freedom fighters.his optional subject was civil Engineering. he took Civil Engineering as his optional subject because he was a student of Civil Engineering in graduation.
Praveen Kumar’s UPSC Marksheet
Praveen Kumar’s UPSC mark sheet is given below:-
|UPSC Mains (Written)Exam Marks||848|
|Personality Test marks||193|
IAS Preparation Strategy of Praveen Kumar
IAS Praveen Kumar shares his preparation strategy and shares his study plan about how he prepared for the UPSC exam. According to Praveen Kumar, always believe in your strengths and find your weaknesses also. It will help you in your preparation. Do not ever copy the Toppers. Always learn from them and try to observe their suggestions.
- Praveen Kumar focuses on making notes. Making notes is very important. It will save your time and energy. Praveen Kumar chose Civil Engineering as his optional subject and it was easy for him to prepare for the subject because he has all the notes of Civil Engineering already.
- Praveen Kumar included, if anyone opted Civil Engineering as an optional subject, start your preparation 5-6 months before the examination.
- Always choose easy subjects based on your preference. Never choose a subject by copying others.
- Whatever topic you are studying, try to complete it and understand it fully.
- Time management is the most important part of the preparation. Distribute your time according to your subjects. Focus on hard subjects first.
- Under the syllabus and the pattern of the exam. It will make your preparation a little easier.
- Solve previous year question papers for better knowledge.
- For current affairs preparation read the newspaper daily. NCERT book helps to prepare for current affairs.
Praveen Kumar got RANK 7 in his second attempt and before clearing UPSC, he had cleared many exams. He is very hard working. Praveen Kumar says, never be afraid of your failures. Keep learning and focus on your aim, you will get success.
- Jagrati Awasthi AIR 2 UPSC Topper 2020 Success Story
- Ankita Jain AIR 3 UPSC Topper 2020 Success Story
- Shubham Kumar UPSC topper 2020
- UPSC Topper 2019 Rank 10 Sanjita Mohapatra Success Story
- UPSC Topper 2019 Rank 9 Ravi Jain – Success Story
- UPSC Topper 2019 Rank 8 Abhishek Saraf – Success Story
1. Which rank Praveen Kumar secured in UPSC exam?
Answer- Praveen Kumar is a topper of UPSC exam 2020 with AIR 7.
2. Which other competitive exams did he clear?
Answer- Praveen Kumar cleared the GATE exam and secured AIR 5 in 2018 and in the same year he got AIR 3 in the Indian Engineering Services exam.
3. From which Indian state Praveen Kumar belongs?
Answer- Praveen Kumar belongs to Bihar state.
4. What are Praveen Kumar’s educational qualifications?
Answer- Praveen kumar completed his Engineering from IIT Kanpur.
5. What was his subject in the UPSC exam?
Answer- Praveen Kumar selected civil engineering subject.