AF Full form or What is the meaning of AF in Medical – The Word AF stands for Atrial Fibrillation. Atrial fibrillation is a sporadic heartbeat that builds the danger of stroke and coronary illness. Signs incorporate dizziness, shortcoming, and exhaustion. Treatment includes prescription and way of life changes, and once in awhile strategies, for example, cardioversion, removal, pacemakers, or medical procedure.
In excess of 2 million Americans have AFib. It’s increasingly basic in individuals 60 and more seasoned.
Other heart issues can make it more probable:-
- Coronary illness because of hypertension
- Heart valve illness
- Heart muscle illness (cardiomyopathy)
- Heart deformity from birth (innate heart imperfection)
- Cardiovascular breakdown
- Past heart medical procedure
Individuals with certain ailments have a more prominent possibility, as well:-
- Long haul lung sickness, (for example, COPD)
- Overactive thyroid organ
- Rest apnea
Meds (counting adenosine, digitalis, and theophylline) can raise the opportunity of having AFib.
In some cases, it’s connected to:-
- Overwhelming liquor, caffeine, or medication use
- Hereditary qualities
At the point when your heart is in AFib, you may feel:-
- Like your heart is dashing or rippling in your chest (palpitations)
- Exhausted or frail
- Bleary-eyed or woozy
- Chest agony or weight
- Shy of breath
Check out more full form(s) to enhance your knowledge: