Civil Services is a dream job of many people. It’s a long journey. Only a few cracked the exam. UPSC recently declared the results of 2020. Sarthak Agrawal UPSC secured AIR 17. He is a class XII topper of the CBSE board in 2014. His journey shows, he is a hard-working and brilliant student from the beginning. It was his dream to become a civil servant.
This article is about Sarthak’s journey of UPSC and his preparation strategy which he followed to crack the exam.
Biography of Sarthak Agrawal IAS
Sarthak Agrawal is from Delhi. He completed his schooling at DPS Vasant Vihar. He secured 99.6 % in 12th and topped the board. It was his dream to become an IAS, so be prepared accordingly and complete graduation in B.A(H) from Shri Ram College of Commerce. He didn’t take any coaching for the UPSC exam and hardly got 5-6 months for preparation. After graduation Sarthak goe Oxford for an M.phil degree. At the time of his selection in UPSC, he was working in the World Bank.
Then he joined a research institute in London named the Institute for Fiscal Studies where he works in improving tax policy and tax administration in developing countries.
Many people advised him that you can not clear UPSC with the preparation of a very short time.
He ignored all the negativity and worked hard. Finally, he cracked the exam and proved everyone wrong. Sarthak is a good writer too. He writes articles for the Indian Express. His writing skills can be seen in essay writings. He chose Economics as the optional subject.
Sarthak Agrawal’s UPSC Marksheet
Sarthak Agrawal’s UPSC mark sheet is given below:-
|UPSC Mains (Written)Exam Marks||822|
|Personality Test marks||195|
IAS Preparation Strategy of Sarthak Agrawal
According to Sarthak Agrawal IAS, coaching is not important if you make a proper strategy. He didn’t have much time for preparation because of his research work. Sarthak dedicatedly completed his studies with proper time management. With this strategy, he managed his time and studied each subject equally.
- Like many toppers who emphasis on making notes, he didn’t prepare any notes during his preparation. He believes in reading. Regular reading makes for better understanding.
- For current affairs practice he focused more on newspapers. He didn’t study from any particular book.
- Mock tests and interviews boost aspirants confidence and they get enough knowledge about how to behave in the interviews.
- As his optional subject was Economics, he kept an eye on all of India’s foreign policies and economics.
- Never follow any topper blindly. Success story and preparation strategy of toppers inspires everyone but they have their own capabilities. You prepare according to your knowledge.
- Understanding the syllabus is important. You should have a clear vision about your preparation.
- Manage your time by making a time-table. Sarthak Agrawal didn’t follow any time table but he said if you want an organized study, make a time-table.
- Always choose optional paper as per your knowledge and interest.
Sarthak always wanted to be an IAS officer. He wants to work for the development of the country. He was working in the World Bank but he never thought of shifting permanently abroad. He always wants to work as a civil servant. So, he continued his preparation along with his job and research work.
For more preparation tips related to UPSC visit the Pulse Phase website.
- Mithun Premraj AIR 12 UPSC Topper
- Shubham Kumar UPSC topper 2020
- Ankita Jain AIR 3
- Gaurav Budania IAS
- Ria Dabi IAS
1. From Which City Sarthak Agarwal belongs?
Answer- Sarthak Agarwal belongs to Delhi.
2. From Which school Sarthak Agarwal Studied?
Answer- Sarthak Agarwal did his schooling from DPS Vasant Vihar.
3. What was his Rank in UPSC 2020 exam?
Answer- Sarthak Agarwal secured 17th rank in UPSC 2020 exam.
4. Which degree Sarthak Agarwal obtained in graduation and from which college?
Answer- Sarthak Agarwal obtained B.A. (Honours) from Shri Ram College of Commerce.
5. Which subject Sarthak Agarwal opted for in UPSC 2020 exam?
Answer- Sarthak Agarwal opted for Economics in UPSC 2020 exam.