Mamta Yadav from Gurgaon has topped the UPSC exam with AIR 5. She has cleared the UPSC exam in her 2nd attempt. She got 556 RANk in her previous attempt and was selected for Indian Railways Personnel Services. She is 24 years old and dedicated to her studies. It was his childhood dream to become an IAS. That’s why she didn’t stop herself when she got 556 Rank in her first attempt. With the support of her family, she started preparation, and this time she topped the exam with AIR 5.
Mamta Yadav shares her journey and preparation strategy about how she topped the exam.
Biography of Mamta Yadav
Mamta Yadav has proved that with hard work and dedication, most difficult goals can be achieved. Mamta Yadav is the first IAS in her family and she has given full credit to her family. Her father Mr. Ashok Yadav works in a private company and her mother is a housewife. Her elder brother works as an excise inspector and is currently posted in Kolhapur. Mamta Yadav is a graduate of Hindu College, Delhi. She has cleared the Civil Services Exam in her first attempt but she wants to work for the country by becoming the IAS.
On getting selected for Railways Personnel Services, she didn’t lose hope and continued her preparation for IAS. She worked hard and in her second attempt, she fulfilled her dream by getting AIR 5. Mamta Yadav took Physics as her optional subject. She didn’t join any coaching for preparation. She used to study for 8 to 10 hours daily. She was focused on the subjects in which she scored less on the first attempt. She is the first girl in her village who studied and achieved success in Civil services and did so well in the field of education. According to Mamta Yadav, nothing is impossible if you are focused on your goal.
Mamta Yadav’s UPSC Marksheet
|All India Rank (AIR)
|UPSC Mains (Written) Exam Marks
|Personality Test Marks
IAS Preparation Strategy of Mamta Yadav
Mamta Yadav shares her preparation strategy. She shares how she prepared for the exam. It’s very important to have faith in yourself. Never lose hope when you don’t get your desired rank. If you believe in yourself, keep studying for your goal.
Mamta Yadav followed a well planned strategy for her preparation.
- Conceptual clarity is very important when you start preparing for the civil service examination. Try to understand the concept of every topic. Learning without knowing the concept is a waste of time.
- She never focused on joining a coaching. So, she never advises anyone to depend on coachings only. If you believe in yourself, you can definitely clear the civil service examination. She was more focused on solving previous year question papers.
- She has done work on current affairs. For current affairs preparation she reads the newspaper daily. If you are preparing for the civil service examination, you must have a good knowledge about not only India but also of the world.
- Keep analyzing your preparation from time to time. Practice test series for analyzing your preparation.
- The most important thing is choosing the optional paper. Optional paper should be of your choice.
- Mock test is also a very important part of the preparation. By attempting mock papers you can have a good idea about the pattern of examination.
- Revision is also a very important part of your preparation.
Mamta yadav says keep moving towards your goal and never get demotivated if you fail. Always try to learn from your mistakes. In your next attempt focus on the weak areas where you scored less in the exam. She says always keep moving towards your goal, you will definitely fulfill your dream.Mamta Yadav wants to work for women, child development and education.
- Jagrati Awasthi AIR 2 UPSC Topper 2020 Success Story
- Ankita Jain AIR 3 UPSC Topper 2020 Success Story
- Shubham Kumar UPSC topper 2020
- UPSC Topper 2019 Rank 10 Sanjita Mohapatra Success Story
- UPSC Topper 2019 Rank 9 Ravi Jain – Success Story
- UPSC Topper 2019 Rank 8 Abhishek Saraf – Success Story
1. From which Indian state Mamta Yadav belongs?
Answer – She belongs to Haryana State.
2. What is her AiR (All India Rank)
Answer – She secured 5th Rank (AIR).
3. In which attempt Mamata Yadav got success?
Answer – It was her 2nd attempt to secure 2nd rank.
4. How many numbers did she score in the written exam?
Answer – She got 855 marks in her written exam.
5. What was her optional subject in UPSC IAS exam?physics
Answer – She opted for Physics as an optional subject.